It is of great pride that Kisoro Vision School which was established in 2003 has endeavored to put in place a number of facilities that have made it emerge as a modern Secondary school not only in this south western region but also in the whole of Uganda. In order for this school to match the desired standard levels in all aspects, efforts have been vested in providing basic requirements as set by the Ministry of Education and sports and even go beyond by providing extra services and facilities to make it a much more modern and standard School.
The school has a number of structures and other services which all target at providing all that is needed in a secondary school. Some of the current renown structures and facilities include the following:
- Elia Academic house: This is a four storied classroom block with 28 classrooms therein. Its ground floor has administrative offices and they are;
- Head teacher’s office
- Director’s office
- Office of the Deputy Head teacher
- Office of the Director of studies (D.O.S)
- Accountants; (Bursars’ office)
- Secretary’s office
- Two strong rooms (stores)
2. Technology house: This is a 3 storied modern Science Lab block. Each science subject has its own Independent room which is very well stocked. These are;
- Physics lab.
- Chemistry lab
- Biology lab.
- Agriculture lab.
It is this building on its third floor where the school has the Modern Computer Lab with 134 computers and the School Library with a spacious siting capacity of 160 students
3. Kings’ Palace: This is the boys’ accommodation (Boys’ Dormitories). The two storied buildings of boys’ dorms can accommodate about 1,000 boys using double decker beds. There is a section/room for the prefects popularly known as the Royal palace.
4.Queens’ Paradise: This is the Girls’ dormitory section. It is a three storied building that can accommodate 800 children. The Nurse, matron and senior woman teacher do reside in this section for safety and care of our children.
5. Good Life house: This building has three main sections. The ground floor has the accommodation for staff, main school stores, school clinic, guidance and counseling room. The first floor has six private reading rooms/ free rooms for females/Girls only. The third floor is the Chapel/prayer room for Catholic Community/YCS and the last one- Fourth floor is the chapel for Anglicans and other revival churches.
6. Extravaganza hall: This is the dining hall for the school (Still under construction) and should be able to accommodate atleast 3,200 people; very well and comfortably seated. School canteens and conference room on the top floor can accommodate 200 people.
7.Power house: This is the kitchen section. Part of this building is a food store and accommodation for the kitchen staff.
8. Faith Hall: The school has wide halls for various purposes. Faith hall serves as the Chapel for Anglicans/Protestants. Holy Room is the chapel for Catholics/YCS and the Sky Hall serves as the general main hall and examination room.
9. Vision Sports Carpet: This is the School’s outdoor sports ground. (Playground) for football, rugby, etc Also other sports grounds are for volleyball, netball etc.
10. Unity grounds: This is the site for the assembly.
11. Sanitation services: The school has decent sanitation facilities, Piped water, rain water and purified water for drinking where the Impact water system is available.
12. Lights: There are three sources of power/electricity. These are HEP, Generator and solar.
The completion of the vision sports carpet which is the school’s sports playground has boosted the co-curricular activities especially; football, Netball, Rugby and volley ball.
The school continues to endeavor to provide services which will provide conducive teaching and learning environment, comfortable accommodation, sufficient teaching and learning aids and other materials. At Vision, one is assured of peace of mind committed service delivery from the staff and administration, all of which have always made success at Kisoro Vision a sure reality.